Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I set up my first serious aquarium approximately 2 months ago and after using these forums extensively since then I thought it would be worth finally making an account and introducing myself.

My aquarium is a Classica Pandora P-508 (63L/16.5G).
Currently in the tank I have:
1 Koi Angelfish (?)
1 Dwarf Gourami (Male)
1 Painted Lyretail Swordtail (Female)
1 Dalmatian Balloon Molly (Female)
and 1 Yoyo Loach (?)

The aquarium is planted with:
1 Aluminium Plant
2 Dwarf Blyxa
and 1 Anubias attached to a Terracotta Urn

Any opinions, ideas, and criticism are welcome and encouraged.
I am aware my tank may not be sufficient in size but I am hoping to upgrade some time in the near future.

Here are some photos of how the aquarium currently looks and my little guys/gals.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender [153323].jpg
    FullSizeRender [153323].jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3317 [153325].jpg
    IMG_3317 [153325].jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3324 [153327].jpg
    IMG_3324 [153327].jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 49
I set up my first serious aquarium approximately 2 months ago and after using these forums extensively since then I thought it would be worth finally making an account and introducing myself.

My aquarium is a Classica Pandora P-508 (63L/16.5G).
Currently in the tank I have:
1 Koi Angelfish (?)
1 Dwarf Gourami (Male)
1 Painted Lyretail Swordtail (Female)
1 Dalmatian Balloon Molly (Female)
and 1 Yoyo Loach (?)

The aquarium is planted with:
1 Aluminium Plant
2 Dwarf Blyxa
and 1 Anubias attached to a Terracotta Urn

Any opinions, ideas, and criticism are welcome and encouraged.
I am aware my tank may not be sufficient in size but I am hoping to upgrade some time in the near future.

Here are some photos of how the aquarium currently looks and my little guys/gals.

Thanks in advance :)
I think your tank is beautiful! Lovely zen like balance and peace. I am new here too, so welcome. I don't have a serious tank yet - just two bettas in small separate tanks and learning minute by minute.

Hi! Glad to have you here! Yoyo loaches get quite large and need groups of 5 to be happy. Often they will become aggressive if kept by themselves. I might suggest bringing him back and getting some sidthimunki loaches! They look kinda like yoyo loaches but they stay absolutely tiny. Or, if you're upgrading to a much larger tank, get him a few more yoyo loach friends!

Hi! Glad to have you here! Yoyo loaches get quite large and need groups of 5 to be happy. Often they will become aggressive if kept by themselves. I might suggest bringing him back and getting some sidthimunki loaches! They look kinda like yoyo loaches but they stay absolutely tiny. Or, if you're upgrading to a much larger tank, get him a few more yoyo loach friends!

Yes unfortunately I only found that out about a week or two after picking him up and the shop I bought him from wouldn't take him back.
He seems quite content at the moment scurrying around the bottom and has recently started feeding on the brine shrimp I feed the others. The only issue he seems to have is the balloon molly "sucking" at him as if to clean him like she would a leaf. It doesn't seem like aggression from the mollies part and even though it seems quite violent the loach doesn't even acknowledge it or try to run/hide.
Aside from that he seems quite happy and very active.

Thanks for the tip on the sidthimunki loaches I may have to look into them!

Sini covered it. The angel will also outgrow this tank.

Just as a "the more you know" balloon mollies are not normal fish. Balloon Mollies in particular often have scoliosis which causes their deformed shape(bent spine) and pushes their organs outward creating the balloon effect. They are more susceptible to disease and often have a shorter life span than just a normal Molly. They also experience difficulty swimming and sometimes eating.

Nice tank though and welcome we are glad to have you :)

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom