Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 15
Hello everyone :D

Hello I've been browsing this site for a couple of days as a guest and I finally decided to make an account I have a 20 gal tank that I just started a few weeks ago just put in 2 mystery snails and 3 mickey mouse platies yesterday they are doing fine and they look happy. I hope to learn lots and maybe even share some stuff with you guys.
__________________

__________________
Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Alex ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah12 View Post
Hello I've been browsing this site for a couple of days as a guest and I finally decided to make an account I have a 20 gal tank that I just started a few weeks ago just put in 2 mystery snails and 3 mickey mouse platies yesterday they are doing fine and they look happy. I hope to learn lots and maybe even share some stuff with you guys.
I love the choice of fish I used to have some platies they are adorable fish just a question what substrate are u using
__________________

__________________
Alex ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 15
I am using white marina aquarium gravel. is that fine?
__________________
Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Alex ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah12 View Post
I am using white marina aquarium gravel. is that fine?
Yep like I said just wondering
__________________
Alex ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 15
oh and I also have 2 couple weeks old guppy fry that my friend gave me (they are in a separate fish bowl until the get older so they don't get eaten.)
__________________
Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Alex ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah12 View Post
oh and I also have 2 couple weeks old guppy fry that my friend gave me (they are in a separate fish bowl until the get older so they don't get eaten.)
Oh cool when you do get them in consider getting one or two more it would make them more happy
__________________
Alex ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex ski View Post

Oh cool when you do get them in consider getting one or two more it would make them more happy
alright I will ask my friend for more tomorrow, thanks
__________________
Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 15,237
Hi and

Do you know about fish in tank cycling? There are several articles here on AA to help with it!

Do you own a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite and NitrAte and pH?

What kind/size filter do you have? Are you doing partial water changes?

Does your friend have and extra sponge/filter pad to share to help build up BB / Beneficial Bacteria for the filter for you?
__________________
FW & SW
Favorite tank right now - 12G Edge nano fish

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andrew McFadden's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: johnstown, ohio
Posts: 7,925
:Welcome: to AA! We hope ya enjoy
__________________
Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Welcome to AA!!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Hi and

Do you know about fish in tank cycling? There are several articles here on AA to help with it!

Do you own a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite and NitrAte and pH?

What kind/size filter do you have? Are you doing partial water changes?

Does your friend have and extra sponge/filter pad to share to help build up BB / Beneficial Bacteria for the filter for you?
Do you mean like fish less cycling and fish in cycling?

I have a test kit for ph, nitrates and nitrites and my friend checked my ammonia for me. (they are the liquid tests because I've read that the strips are bad. is this true? )

I have a aquaclear 150 (well I think it's called a 30 now) that I got a few years ago and it was used in my turtle tank. I've was doing 10% water changes ever other day for the 2 weeks that I've been cycling it (fishless) and yesterday I got 3 mickey mouse platies and I did this drip acclimation thing that the guy I bought them from recommended. do you guys do this?

I didn't think that you could take someone's filter sponge and the bacteria would live, I thought it would die, but my tank is cycled now I think but when I get my new tank is will do that
__________________

__________________
Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.