Hello everyone :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I've been browsing this site for a couple of days as a guest and I finally decided to make an account :) I have a 20 gal tank that I just started a few weeks ago just put in 2 mystery snails and 3 mickey mouse platies yesterday they are doing fine and they look happy. I hope to learn lots and maybe even share some stuff with you guys. :D

Hello I've been browsing this site for a couple of days as a guest and I finally decided to make an account :) I have a 20 gal tank that I just started a few weeks ago just put in 2 mystery snails and 3 mickey mouse platies yesterday they are doing fine and they look happy. I hope to learn lots and maybe even share some stuff with you guys. :D

I love the choice of fish I used to have some platies they are adorable fish just a question what substrate are u using :)

oh and I also have 2 couple weeks old guppy fry that my friend gave me (they are in a separate fish bowl until the get older so they don't get eaten.)

oh and I also have 2 couple weeks old guppy fry that my friend gave me (they are in a separate fish bowl until the get older so they don't get eaten.)

Oh cool when you do get them in consider getting one or two more it would make them more happy :)

Hi and :welcome: :flowers:

Do you know about fish in tank cycling? There are several articles here on AA to help with it!

Do you own a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite and NitrAte and pH?

What kind/size filter do you have? Are you doing partial water changes? :fish2:

Does your friend have and extra sponge/filter pad to share to help build up BB / Beneficial Bacteria for the filter for you?

Hi and :welcome: :flowers:

Do you know about fish in tank cycling? There are several articles here on AA to help with it!

Do you own a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite and NitrAte and pH?

What kind/size filter do you have? Are you doing partial water changes? :fish2:

Does your friend have and extra sponge/filter pad to share to help build up BB / Beneficial Bacteria for the filter for you?

Do you mean like fish less cycling and fish in cycling?

I have a test kit for ph, nitrates and nitrites and my friend checked my ammonia for me. (they are the liquid tests because I've read that the strips are bad. is this true? )

I have a aquaclear 150 (well I think it's called a 30 now) that I got a few years ago and it was used in my turtle tank. I've was doing 10% water changes ever other day for the 2 weeks that I've been cycling it (fishless) and yesterday I got 3 mickey mouse platies and I did this drip acclimation thing that the guy I bought them from recommended. do you guys do this?

I didn't think that you could take someone's filter sponge and the bacteria would live, I thought it would die, but my tank is cycled now I think but when I get my new tank is will do that :)

Back
Top Bottom