Hello everyone. My name is Dai Phan and pleased to meet you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the crash of your tank. But welcome to the best site around to help ensure it won't happen again. By the way can you fix the teeth of my old piranha - he's mostly gums now
Just kidding - enjoy our site and ask as many questions as you want :D

With the right stuff, the impossible becomes a reality.

Hello all,

When I was in Indonesia refugee camp, I did have a SW "aquarium" that all my fish lived from day 1. It even had babies. One morning, after the tide went down I saw couple of dark things moving at the end of a canoe. When I came over I saw two beautiful fish (possibly angel or butterfly) that have red and black on their bodies. I have yet to see them in aquarium trade. I scooped them out and place them in a big giant clam shell. It was no more than two gallons. I put in some sand and top it off with ocean water. That two fish lived until the day I left the camp (1.5 years). In the process they had small babies too. There was no filtration, no skimmer, no lights and they lived and thrive under such "substandard" condition. When I left I returned them back to the ocean. I can't believe that they lived and I am quite sure it is one the spieces that are "impossible" to keep in home aquarium. DP

Back
Top Bottom