Hello Everyone! Need some advice/support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mookie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I first want to thank the members of this website. The information is just incredible and has helped me greatly in my new endeavor of having an aquarium. I followed the advice on here and started a fishless tank cycle three weeks ago. I have a 20 gallon tank with a filter, heater, and some artificial plants and decorations. I am hanging in there, however I am frustrated that I have no nitrite activity whatsoever. My ammonia was through the roof (about 8.0) but as of today it is 2.O. I have added Tetra SafeStart to help the cycle get started, but so far I am seeing no results.

I would appreciate any advice on how you think the tank is doing, and also would welcome any suggestions on my future fishies! I am definitely a novice and want a nice peaceful tank and do not want any prolific breeders.

Again, thanks for all the info on this site and I welcome your suggestions/and or/advice. I am using an API Master kit to test the water.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!:D

Back
Top Bottom