Hello everyone!! Xx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropi1986

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya everyone!! I am 28 yrs old and very new to fish keeping. I have had my tank for around 4 weeks now and keeping up a good routine. I have 2 sailfin mollies, 2 black mollies, 1 baby black molly around 3 weeks old and 3 orange swordtails. This may seem really silly but I am a newbie, my water has always had a slightly cloudy appearance to it which i have been told is normal it is suddenly crystal clear? I not sure if this is a good or bad thing? Does it mean I dont have enough good bacteria or too much or is it irrelevant? I had to do a 50% water change as I had an algae bloom and an unexpected hectic week which meant it was nearly 2 weeks before the water was cleaned and changed which I havent slipped up on before n dont intend to again! My fish all seem happy and healthy all swimming nicely and eating as usual no change in behaviour at all. The water is spot on no high levels of anything. I am only asking this as I believe that having slightly cloudy water means u have a good bacteria bloom and balance so im worried about the water being clear!!! Thanks in advance for any advice!! Xx

Hello! Clear water it good! When you have a bacterial bloom, it's good, because the beneficial bacteria just had a population explosion! However, most beneficial bacteria don't actually live in the water, they live in the filter pad and a little on the aquarium decor/gravel. Your water clearing up essentially means that the bacteria have made a nice home (to put it in VERY simple words :D) so they are no longer in your water, but colonizing your filter. This is a good sign. Hope this helped explain things a little!

Hello each and thank u for the advice x hope to learn a lot along the way to help keep my fishes healthy and happy!! Xx

Back
Top Bottom