Hello Fellow Reefers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quickreefer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this site and soon after found it would be very useful. I hope in the future fellow members will be able to help me out. Well i guess a little introduction is due. My name is Joshua Quick from Michigan. I am currently 21 and enjoying life. I got to school full time and also work full time at Jets. I have always been very interested in saltwater fish tanks as my dad has been in the hobby for many years and has had a tank since i was a child. He used to have many tanks but no he has a 100g FOWLR. I always wanted my own tank from a young age. So in October of 2011, while my parents where on vacation I bought my first fish tank, a 20g marineland. Wish i wouldnt have start off with such a small tank as i found it hard to manage such a small salt water tank. The only fish i kept in this tank was a black percula clown as everything else died within a month. With this frustration i talked to my parents about getting a bigger tank. For Christmas in 2011 they bought me a 50g breeder from the local fish store KEY'S Aquariums. They also got me the accessories to make it a complete system. I moved my fish, sand , and liverock to the new tank once it had cycle. The tank is now just over a year old and is my pride and joy. Since then i have made quite a few changes to the tank, adding equipment. The system now consists of:
-50g Breeder Fish Tank
-HOB overflow box made by Eshopps
-10g DIY refugium/wet and dry
-with the dry side containing bioballs
-and the refug containing rock pieces and calarpa
-13 watt UV sterilizer
-Coralife New style super skimmer
-2 19 watt 12" Exocotic Panorama Pro LED 12k/blue
-1 6 watt Exocotic stunner strip LED 453nm/Magenta (for visual effects)
-Heater (rarely use)
Livestock:
Fish
-1 Australian Black Percula Clown
-1 Sailfin Tang
-1 Melanurus Fairy Wrasse
-1 Orange Firefish
-1 Purple Firefish
Invertebrates:
-1 Purple Tipped Seabae Annenome
-1 Cleaner Shrimp
-1 huge electric blue legged hermit crab