Hello fish mommy and daddys!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda.wahl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Amanda and I have been steadily becoming more addicted to fish keeping for the past 2 years. I am in my senior year of high school and am studying to be a trumpet performance major. I play about 6 hours every day in addition to school and homework and for me, fish keeping is a way to deal with stress. I love watching them and cleaning their tanks. Regardless of how busy I am I have to take a step back and care for my fish! I really want a 40-800 gallon tank (just kidding) but i am too broke to make any changes. This is what I have right now

A 2 gallon hexagon beta tank with heater, filter, bubbler with color changing led lights.

A 5 gallon goldfish tank with filter, bubbler, pineapple house, fake plant, and 2 fancy goldfish named Steve and Moo.

A 10 gallon tank with 2 white tetras, 4 neon tetras, and a crown tail beta. The tank has fake plants and a stone arch that bubbles up air behind it. I have a heater and a medium sized whisper filter.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice Amanda.
I would recommend removing the 2 fancy goldfish from the 5 gallon's as it is really way too small. Those fish can get up to 12'' long, and produce an immense bio load. They will end up ''killing'' themselves with they're waste because it is high in ammonia and they produce a lot of it. A minimum of 20 gallons is required for a fancy goldfish, and an additional 10 gallons for each additional fancy goldfish you add.
Re-homing or getting a new tank are you're only options here.

I test my water and do not have any problems because I frequently change the water. If I begin to have problems I will rehome. I will only have them through the summer because they are not coming to college. They are 2 inches now

I test my water and do not have any problems because I frequently change the water. If I begin to have problems I will rehome. I will only have them through the summer because they are not coming to college. They are 2 inches now
They will grow very rapidly, and will most probably get stunted. You would need to re home before having problems.
Even on aqadvisor it warns you terribly: AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor
You would have to change you're water at least once a day, if not more, and will grow it out, as I said, very quickly. Try doing some research on these fish and you will see:)

Oh my goodness

THAT TANK IS INCREDIBLE!!!!! I dream of having a tank so beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom