Hello from a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gouramithedwarf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, am a newbie to this hobby with a 12 g customized tank... Can anyone pls tell. On which thread do I ask for stocking suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Depends what theme you're going for. Also you got to keep in mind the bio-load and the time for tank maintenance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Atlast a reply to this thread.... Thanks a ton Stacey!

Sent from my "I don't want you to know" phone using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No problem, sometimes it's overwhelming to pick what is best for the fish.

Stacey, can amano shrimps be kept with a dwarf gourami? I have a stone with Java moss

Amano shrimp can be kept with gourami but there is always the potential that the gourami may nip at them. If you have a 12 gallon honey gourami are small enough. Gourami like to have their own side of the tank most the time in my experience.

I got a dwarf gourami..

Sorry I didn't know what you have in your tank already. The honey gourami that I have are smaller (only 2"). They are sometimes called sunburst gourami. The larger gourami such as pearls or blue gourami have been slightly more aggressive in my experience.

It's a red flame dwarf gourami in my tank with 6 glow light tetras.... How would 2 amanos don't in this setup?

If you give the amano enough cover they should be fine. Amano shrimp are slightly bigger than ghost shrimp so that gives them an advantage.

What do u suggest for good cover? Java moss or fern?

Back
Top Bottom