Hello from a newbie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mossyboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi just a quick introduction from a newbie. My name is Bill and I am from Scotland in the UK. I recently retired and decided to come back to fish keeping
after a break of 30 years or so.
I am running a 60 ltr planted tank at the moment and in the process of setting up a new 125 ltr tank which I hope to have ready by mid July.
I look forward to using, picking up information and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Just like you, I am also a newbie to this community. I am turning 25 years old this and I have a bunch of clownfish and blue tang fish on my aquarium.

Yeah 30 years plus is a long break, so much has changed in that time. I wish I had the space (and money) for a bigger set up but hey ho I'll use what I've got. The scientific part of the hobby like fish less cycle and all the test equipment etc. was not known of or available 35 years ago but the care and quality of life for the fishes has improved massively. I do notice that the problem with sick fish from lsf's has not improved and if anything has deteriorated.

Lol! I agree, most fish stores you gotta save the fish just to keep them alive a little longer than they would. They are a joke most the time. I find great breeds online and shipped to my door in better shape than fish stores around me. But I will say. Wal-Mart by me has better fish than petco and pet smart put together. Pretty sad. But I still find myself saving fish from whatever store I come across, as I feel bad for the ones I know can be saved. Maybe one day I will learn to just go in and buy just a tank. Lol! Anyways! Welcome to A.A. cheers to an addiction that's worth ever step we take! Lol! Have fun, and Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom