Hello from Alabama! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iNano

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, my name is Aaron. I'm a 14 year old reef fanatic. Please don't assume i'm stupid because i'm young. My head is full of reef knowledge lol. I have been studying saltwater tanks, fish, coral, etc. for about 4 years now. My family has a 75g tank that has been running for 2 years. A guy maintained it, but we just recently got rid of him, so my dad is taking care of it (his tank now) while I am taking care of my own 20g High nano reef. It has been set up for almost 4 months now. I dont have much cash, so it doesn't have much in it yet, but I plan on making it an SPS and zoa/paly reef. So here is the info:
Tank: Standard 20 gallon high
Light: 70w metal halide clamp lamp
Filter: Aquaclear 70 modded to a refuigum (search diy aquaclear 70 refugium mod on youtube to see my vid on how to do it)
Flow: Koralia 1
Heater: Visi-therm 50w
15 lbs of live rock
1" thick live sand bed

Livestock:
Fish:
1x Onyx clownfish
1x Black and white clownfish
1x Bangaii cardinal

Inverts:
8 turbo snails
2 blue leg hermits
1 peppermint shrimp

Coral:
Zoanthids/Palythoas:
Teal rings
Orange bam bams
Eagle eyes
Whammin Watermelons
Fire and Ice
Radio active dragon eyes

Softies:
Green Mushroom
Orange Yuma ricordia

LPS:
2 head frogspawn
Kenya tree
(acans and chalices to come in the future)

SPS:
ORA green birdsnest
(lots more to come in the future)

Todays test results:
Nitrate: 10 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm
pH: 8.2
Phosophate: .5 ppm
Alkalinity: 10 dKH
Calcium: 400 ppm

I will take some updated pics and make a tank thread in the nano reef sections asap.
Thanks, looking forward to getting to know you guys :infinity:

Welcome to AA! Glad to see someone else from my area here. :) I would love to see pics of your tank. We love pictures here. Is your dad's tank sw or fw?

Oh and I love your avatar pic! Roll Tide!

my dads is sw... Were under a tornado warning so im not gonna take pics atm lol but I will have them up asap

Back
Top Bottom