Hello from Bellingham, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pussinboots

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I don't think I'm that interesting, but if anyone really wants to know about me, I have two websites. One is geared toward people who know me through my art (thePUSSINBOOTS.net) and the other is for people who know me through my writing (PLuNDeRPuSS.NeT).

I'm a complete novice aquarist. I have had a lot of different pets over the years, from fire-bellied toads to mottled cochins, and for awhile when I lived in a remote Idaho town, the Humane Society was housed in my basement (they have their own building now). But this year marks the first time I've ever owned fish.

Since I only joined this site for my tanks, which are sort of the real members, this is what I have:

One is a 22 gallon tank that's well established, but was a tad unbalanced when I got it. I inherited it from a friend of a friend. It was an ammoniac guppytropolis until I donated a portion of the citizenry to the tummy of my manager's eight inch oscar, and another load to the pet store. Now the tank is healthy--less fish, and I added live plants.

The other tank is brand new. It's an eleven gallon full of Eco-Complete, bogwood, and wisteria. It's cycling, and when it's ready, a handful of lucky guppies are going to prep it for the fish I really really really really really want, which are Otocinclus vittatus. I lucked out because our local aquarist hobby store keeps very healthy specimens--fat, perky little otos, not the skinny, sickly ones the entire Internet has warned me I might accidentally purchase. I'm crossing my fingers that none of them die, because they're so cute I'd have to commit honorable seppuku and follow them into their watery graves.

There are some other fish I'm looking at, but I'm still trying to decide what I want. I'm really glad you all are here to help me and share your experiences! Thank you in advance. I'm sure I'll have a LOT of questions.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site!
You may want to check out a few of the links under my sig, to help inform you on fishless cycling and a few other article.

welcometoaa.gif

First let me take a moment to say - Wow! - Dude you can draw. I have a son who is going to love your site. We both love that kind of art. We just went to the Wizard Convention in Philadelphia to meet with the artists (and collect comics, buy figures, get autographs, get one of a kinds, etc - in other words we spent a whole lot of money) The second this is welcome you to the best and only aquarium site you will need to get things right with the tank. Glad to have you aboard and when I get some time I will check out your writings
Peace

Back
Top Bottom