Hello from Burlington, VT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadRiverPat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

New to the forum here and relatively new to the fish keeping hobby. About a year ago I decided to pick up my first aquarium since my turtle tank I had as a kid. Planted some basic plant species and started my fish keeping without much experience and added a few white skirt tetras. Had some fish come and go. Learned a lot. Then when my tank was filled to the brim I decided the next logical upgrade for my current scenario is my 40 breeder. I am roughly 2 months in and am loving the added space with this footprint. Definitely caught a bit of a bug with these tanks. I really enjoy the ecosystem concept of fish keeping and love plants. Still learning a bunch and can't wait to see where this tank takes me. I have been reading this forum since the beginning and love how helpful you all are for every level of aquarium own from first timers to multi decade enthusiasts.

Happy fish keeping!

MadRiverPat

Thanks! The 10 gallon is getting some new gravel so looks empty at the moment. Also moving around the 40 so I'll post a recent picture before more plants got added. Here is the 40. Definitely looking for some suggestions. Looking to add some more driftwood and some addition plants. Once I get my computer up and running I'll post some dslr photos of the current design.

Attachments

• image-2563213596.jpg
    image-2563213596.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3069370148.jpg
    image-3069370148.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 85
Just cleaned out the 10 gallon of the old blue gravel I started with. Replaced it with Eco complete and some of the drift wood from the 40. I also picked up a pretty unique pair of mollies from panama. Hoping to set up the 10 as a planted breeding tank for them to start off.

Finished rescaping the 10 gallon. I think the eco-complete is throwing off my pH like it did in the 40 breeder. Using the same filter from before that already has a bit of bacteria built up. Will be doing a big water change to see how that helps.

Attachments

• image-4025779366.jpg
    image-4025779366.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom