Hello from Chicagoland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agrasyuk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All,
i always fascinated with aquariums, always wanted one and there always was something in the way. Now i finally there and starting out in this hobby with no less then 55 gallon tank - got for a symbolic price from friends who are moving out of state. it wasn't a complete restart, carried over 10 galons of water, plant, rocks and decorations. as much as they advised to reuse the substrate i just couldn't bring myself to do that - i have no idea who in their right mind would use PINK in their gravel. impeller of penguin350 broken off day 4, while it was somewhat easytemp fix i decided to use the opportunity and up the filtering . purchased new rena XP2. wasn't a fan of sunken city backdrop so i replaced it with plain blue. in couple weeks once new substrate is colonized by bacteria i will remove that structure decoration and will be looking for nice piece of driftwood.

7 days since the move and luckily no casualties. ocupants: 3 swords, 1 cory catfish, 1 blue gourami, 4 tetras. nothing fancy but i really like them all. i still need to replant the anubias plant in a proper way.

Attachments

• IMG_20130907_205657[1].jpg
    IMG_20130907_205657[1].jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 91
thanks guys.

did some "gardening" today . got 15lbs of plant friendly gravel, split my Anubias bush into 3 added some java fern on the background and some grass. used 4 tablets of root tab. hopefully this thing takes off )

thanks guys.

did some "gardening" today . got 15lbs of plant friendly gravel, split my Anubias bush into 3 added some java fern on the background and some grass. used 4 tablets of root tab. hopefully this thing takes off )

Sounds good. Head over to the what did you do with your tank to and share.

Have you been to the big Aquarium Store in Schaumburg, on Golf? It is very nice. I spent a couple hundred of dollars there this weekend.

Living Sea in Park Ridge is a great store as is Old Orchard in Skokie. I have a smaller store near Cumberland & Addison in Chicago. It has great fish that are very healthy, also nice plants. I try to support the small guys. He has been around for years and gives great advice. That is Ocean Design on Addison.

Interesting name Baba :)

So far I've been to the place in Skokie, got my gravel there. original owner who passed me the tank shopped exclusively there and had excellent recommendations.

I also been to seaschor in BG, although that was just to looks things as he is exclusively salt water.

Back
Top Bottom