Hello from Cincinnati area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eschowalter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I have two tanks -- a 20 g. tall south american with tetras, 1 angel and cory cats that is "planted" with plastic plants and bogwood and has been very stable for almost 10 years; and a 45 g. hex that I was given about 9 months ago. I'm joining in hopes of getting some ideas for the hex tank, which currently contains the two 5" spanner barbs that came with it, 4 upside down cats and my son's two yoyo loaches, "Yoyo" and "Stripey." It also has a lot of plastic plant cover, surface as well as "planted," and rock/bog wood hideouts.

I always do research before buying new fish, and try to make sure that they are compatible, but was misled into believing the yoyos are passive, non-aggressive fish. After blaming the spanners for the deaths of 3, 4" gourami, I've since done further research and discovered that it was probably the loaches that caused the problem. Though I'm open to ideas on that! I'd really like to put some colorful fish into that tank, and am now searching for ideas -- thinking that it needs to be something semi-agressive? The spanners or cats can go to a new home at a lovely local fish store that knows me, if need be, but the yoyos have to stay.:blink:

Once I get the problem solved with the hex tank, I'll be upgrading the 20 g. to an 80+, and am really looking forward to that. It seems easy by comparison!

Thanks in advance for any ideas that any of you may have!

Back
Top Bottom