Hello from Delaware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith1121

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the site as a member but have been reading alot of the posts for questions that I have had about my 2 month old 25g salt water tank. Have had 2 100g freshwater tanks for three years and figured I would try my hand at salt but there is so much information just don't know how to filter it all. My LPS guy has been a huge help but just looking for more. Just have questions if I need to add a protein skimmer or not. I'm sure I'll use the form a lot.

Welcome to A.A! :welcome: We're glad you joined up!(y) Ask any question and hopefully you'll get every answer!

Welcome, using a skimmer will basically extend the time a bit that you can go without a water change, still frequent water changes are usually recommended to replace trace elements and remove toxins same as a freshwater, salt and fresh are basically the same principals of water management, with a few key differences. If you are an experienced freshwater switching to a fish only or fish only with live rock isn't as a big of a jump as perceived to be and a reef tank is kinda like a complicated fresh plant tank. Hope helps give a kick start with research, good luck

Back
Top Bottom