Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Hello from england

Hi everyone

I'm a complete newbie starting out, I have a 150l tank of which I have beginned cycling, being a newbie it's a bit hard to get a grasp on the art of cycling so stumbled across this forum and found some great answers, hope to here from some of you soon!
James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3383976726.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	130939  
__________________

__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Welcome to AA and glad you found us here . So do you feel comfortable with the nitrogen cycle now?
__________________

__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andrew McFadden's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: johnstown, ohio
Posts: 7,925
to AA! We hope you enjoy
__________________
Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
Welcome to AA and glad you found us here . So do you feel comfortable with the nitrogen cycle now?
Better haha , I read about the fish less cycle but after a discussion with someone at my local pet shop chose to do it with 4 Molly's, was this a wise move?.
I have only had the tank up and running a few days, and only had the fish in a day, they seem happy and active, tomorrow I will test the ammonia and go from there.
Thanks for the welcome guys!.
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Either way works and if done correctly fish in cycles aren't harmful on the fish just need to do more water changes.
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
I will stay on top of it, il stay posted on here with how it's going.
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18
Hi everyone

I'm a complete newbie starting out, I have a 150l tank of which I have beginned cycling, being a newbie it's a bit hard to get a grasp on the art of cycling so stumbled across this forum and found some great answers, hope to here from some of you soon!
James
Hi,im a newbie from england too,good luck with your tank !!!
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Thanks for the welcome , good luck with yours too, I've found so much info on here it's unbelievable!!
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18
Thanks for the welcome , good luck with yours too, I've found so much info on here it's unbelievable!!
Yeah its a great site,im on preparing a 10 gallon for Crowntail Betta and maybe some corydoras habrosus later,once my Betta is settled in,found some great topics and advice on here
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalfishlady

Yeah its a great site,im on preparing a 10 gallon for Crowntail Betta and maybe some corydoras habrosus later,once my Betta is settled in,found some great topics and advice on here
Good luck with it, when its up and running be sure to upload some photos!!
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18

Good luck with it, when its up and running be sure to upload some photos!!
Thanks James,here is my tank and good luck with the cycling,ive done cycling before so if ya get stuck,il try and help out if i can my tank


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121114_224056.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	131833
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Wow!! That's lovely you've done a great job! And thanks very much
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18
Wow!! That's lovely you've done a great job! And thanks very much
Thanks v.much,im quite pleased with it,here it is in moonlight


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121114_230019.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	131834
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18
Hi everyone

I'm a complete newbie starting out, I have a 150l tank of which I have beginned cycling, being a newbie it's a bit hard to get a grasp on the art of cycling so stumbled across this forum and found some great answers, hope to here from some of you soon!
James
Your tank looks lovely too,are those real plants ?
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalfishlady

Your tank looks lovely too,are those real plants ?
Yes they are , where did you get your moonlight from? I want one for my tank but can't find any at my lfs?
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18

Yes they are , where did you get your moonlight from? I want one for my tank but can't find any at my lfs?
Thought they were real plants Elodea i think,ya can't always tell on pics.
They are built in with the tank mate,came with it,they are energy saving bulbs,one daylight and one moonlight,i think you can get them,mine are easy,u have 2 switches on top of hood tht contain the bulbs so its easy to switch them on.
Have you tried looking on internet as im sure you can get them,what light have you got fluorescent tube is it ?
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalfishlady

Thought they were real plants Elodea i think,ya can't always tell on pics.
They are built in with the tank mate,came with it,they are energy saving bulbs,one daylight and one moonlight,i think you can get them,mine are easy,u have 2 switches on top of hood tht contain the bulbs so its easy to switch them on.
Have you tried looking on internet as im sure you can get them,what light have you got fluorescent tube is it ?
Interpet do moonlight tubes in different sizes,mine is an interpet tank but mine are bulbs,i looked on internet and you can get the tubes if thats what yours are pluw you can moonlight Leds,although they are not cheap
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Jamesg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 10
Yeah mine is a tube, I will have to have a look, thanks
__________________
Jamesg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg18
Yeah mine is a tube, I will have to have a look, thanks
Your welcome
__________________

__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.