Hello from England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kim green

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, my name is kim and I'm 21 from the north east of England.

I took my little cousin to a faire near to my home back in June where I won a goldfish.
Faire fish don't usually last long due to the conditions they're kept in, or owners not really wanting them.
When I won mine, I was a little skeptical about whether I would enjoy having a fish or not but as the day wore on I found myself fascinated by my little fish.
The next day, I went and bought my first aquarium and another fish to go with him. When I first introduced the new fish to the little tank, they both started chasing each other, at first I thought it was going to be a concern, but then, after a few hours,I realised they hadn't swam apart since I'd put them together.
When I put them in their new tank, it was the same, it was bigger and defiantly more space but they still never swam apart. When I got close to the tank, most fish I'd seen that my friends have had have moved away when you approached, but these two come to the tank every time to greet me and would swim up and down the front of the tank until I went away again.
I now have a 3ft aquarium with 6 goldfish and 2 little cat fish. I always thought fish to be boring or people only bought them to make a room look good but since having them myself, I see they each have their own little personalities and I now have 6 fish going crackers at the front of the tank when I get close. I find them really fascinating and I am really enjoying having them as pets.

:)

Warm welcome to the Aa kim. Nice to see more UK members and funnily enough im from the north east too! In a village called healing. Youll like it here.

Back
Top Bottom