Hello from Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmckienz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I have had freshwater tanks all my life but have always wanted to try a saltwater reef tank.

So, I am starting on the small side but have had my first reef tank about 2 months now. My current set up is as follows:

46 gallon Bow Front, with 2 hang on filters, protein skimmer, and 1 power head (had 2 but it was too much)
80 lbs Caribbean Live Sand
70 lbs Live Rock

Cleaning Crew: 10 Scarlet Hermit Crabs, 4 Mexican Red Legs, 4 blue legs, and 6 snails

Corals: Hammer branching coral, green star polyps, xenia, acropora frag, 2 ricordeas

Inverts: a hitchhiker rock anemone who had split into 3

Fish: 2 False Percula Clowns, 1 Mandarin Dragonet, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, and a Regal Tang (to be moved whe she gets to big)

You may want to keep an eye on the mandarin. Their main food source is natural pods and such they they pick off the live rock. If you tank has only been up for 2 months you may not have a big enough population of natural food for him and he can starve. May want to do a little research and see if you can find something else he will eat to keep him happy.

Thanks for the heads up. I already was aware of that and bought a bottle of trigger pods. I let all of them loose in the tank and so far he seems fat and happy. If he starts looking thin I will buy another bottle.

Welcome to the site. I would definitely keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom