Hello from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zookeeper23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I have been an "animal enthusiast" my whole life! Worked at a few pet stores and vets in my day. Had everything from fostered opossums and macaws to dogs and cats to lizards and 10 foot snakes. Recently life has slowed down a bit (after finally graduating nursing school!) and I am working on improving my tanks a great deal! I have a 37 gallon with cichlids I have had for years that I will be overhauling and turning into a planted community tank here soon. Also have a small community tank with a betta, guppies, and two dwarf frogs in. We have a pond with like 7 Gold fish in. And finally we have two Fluval Specs with bettas in them (one of them is my husbands first ever betta fish that is all his!) Haha. For our other animal children we have three cats, one bird, three Siberian Huskies, and a tiny three pound special needs epileptic Chihuahua who is my baby! Looking forward to getting advise as we go along and seeing all the beautiful tanks everyone has!

Side note: I apologize if this is not the place for this but can anyone tell me why some of my pictures keep uploading sideways when they aren't sideways on my computer?? Everything I try does not fix it I am so confused lol! :banghead:

Thank you!
Candice

Attachments

• fam2w.jpg
    fam2w.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi Candice, welcome to the forum :)
Love your dog's! I have two myself and they're my babies Lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Welcome!! I'm in St Augustine, so glad to see another Floridian!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Florida!

Welcome!! I'm in St Augustine, so glad to see another Floridian!!

Thanks! I am in south Jax so not far at all haha! Maybe you can tell me some good fish and aquatics stores around nearby! =) There aren't too many from what I have found. Many of them more focused on salt water.

Huskies?

Hi Candice, welcome to the forum :)
Love your dog's! I have two myself and they're my babies Lol

You have huskies!? They are a pain in the butt!! HAHA! But I love them so much. My oldest is 9 1/2 and the other two knuckle heads are 7. My Chihuahua just turned 5.

That is cool! I also live in Florida, in Tallahassee!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

You have huskies!? They are a pain in the butt!! HAHA! But I love them so much. My oldest is 9 1/2 and the other two knuckle heads are 7. My Chihuahua just turned 5.

No sorry, I have a border collie and a whippet. :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Welcome to the forum from another floridian on the gulf coast. Pet list 2 dogs a chi and a chiweenie, 1 cat, 3 small parrots and 3 ten gal freshwater fish tanks. Your chi is really cute and the huskies are gorgeous. Alison..:fish2::fish2:

Thanks! I am in south Jax so not far at all haha! Maybe you can tell me some good fish and aquatics stores around nearby! =) There aren't too many from what I have found. Many of them more focused on salt water.

Yeah, I haven't seen any that are 100% devoted to freshwater tanks...

I see a budding business opportunity, lol

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

Fish store

Yeah, I haven't seen any that are 100% devoted to freshwater tanks...

I see a budding business opportunity, lol

Well I found a good one! Ocean Reef I believe it is. I actually went there years ago when I had a salt tank but they have expanded a lot and have a lot of great stuff! Lots of nice live plants, great driftwood and rocks, and great prices. I was very pleased! Lots of both fresh and salt water critters and supplies. They are on Atlantic almost at the beaches (if you know where that is in Jax.)
:fish2:

Oh, awesome!! I'll have to check that out!

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

Welcome !!! Certainly very little down time for you with a well stocked house like that. Spent a little time in Mayport many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom