Hello from Fort Lauderdale, Fl! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evilbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
My name is Chad, and I just started a 30g FOWLR.

I just wanted to do a short intro, before heading off to work (I work in a Hospital). My girlfriend Lynn and I have been keeping fish for about 18 months now. We started off with a very successful fresh water 10g tank. We moved into a very challenging yet, successful FOWLR 3.5g nano tank; just over 10 months of setting up the freshwater tank.

Everything was going great, until last weekend when our clown fish (lovey) jumped out of the nano tank, while we where asleep. That caused me to want to go ahead and get a larger tank and replace lovey with another.

I will add some pics, probably tomorrow, however, we have a sealed tank this time. We have about 40lbs of live sand, with 30lbs of base rock. Eheim 2213 closed filter, 2 power heads on both ends of the tank, and a marine land heater for those cold Florida winters! :brows:

After a week of cycling and confirming tests, last night we carried over our watchmen goby from the nano, to the big tank, and needless to say, he's loving life in the "pent house". Now that we have a larger area for him, we're going to be adding a shrimp for him to buddy up with. But, apprently there is a shortage of non-paired pistol shrimp in south florida! :lol:

Well, after my shift tonight at the hospital, and after some much needed sleep, I will add some pictures of our new tank. Look forward to chatting it up with everyone, and learning a bit more from everyon!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by to read this! :cool:

Welcome to the forum!!!

I am also in Florida, about an hour east of Orlando and an hour west of Daytona. :-D

Great forum by the way, if you ever have any questions feel free to post!

Hey evil, I'm in Deltona. Near Orange city. :) Lots of great fish stores in my neck of the woods! if you get this way ever let me know I'll give you the names and locations of the good ones. LOL

Back
Top Bottom