Hello From Houston, Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CRUSHER

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,:cool:
My user name is CRUSHER... real name Andy.
I have a 100 gallon aquarium, in it I have 1-6" Oscar, 1-3" Oscar, 1-Green Terror, 1-Jack Dempsey, 1-Lace Synodontis Cat... and about 20 feeder fish.. rosey's.
I also have.. not in the aquarium... 1-Bearded Dragon named George, 1-Jackson Chameleon named Fred... and 3 dogs... Smokie, Bitsy and Daisy plus a small back yard pond full of feeder guppies.
I work for Halliburton.
reason for joining Forum, to gain more knowledge about keeping and caring for fish of the New American Cichlids and for aquarium maintenance.
Glad to be here!

Last edited:
Hey there! Welcome to AA, if there is something we really love is photos. So when you get a chance post some and let us see your little ones.

I just joined, and also live in Houston. Do you do use tap for your water changes? if so, what advice do you have on making it safe for the aquarium? Do you use a lot of chemcials? In your experience are there easier/harder fish to keep in the houston area? Thanks for any advice.

drewlovesheidi said:
I just joined, and also live in Houston. Do you do use tap for your water changes? if so, what advice do you have on making it safe for the aquarium? Do you use a lot of chemcials? In your experience are there easier/harder fish to keep in the houston area? Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to aa. I live near Houston also (pasadena) and the tap here has ammonia in it. Use seachem prime to rid it of the ammonia and metals. That is really the only chemical needed. I keep Oscars and jacks but ime all fish will thrive no matter what as long as you do the regular water changes

thanks. I used prime as i'm waiting for tank to cycle. I really like mid/far east asian fish. Most of those prefer slightly acidic soft water, but with plants and driftwood, I'm hoping they will do ok.

Back
Top Bottom