Hello from Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ProxyBlue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good old google led me here as I was doing a search for red cherry shrimp. I am currently building a paludarium out of a 20 gal aquarium and looking around for ideas to stock. If anyone doesn't already know, a paludarium is part land and part water.

This whole project started with a carnivorous plant collection that I wanted to expand and feature, now my focus has moved to the water section of the tank. I currently have one male veiltail betta who's pretty mild mannered. I was thinking of pairing him with a small quantity of RCS (like 4 or 5). My LFS doesn't carry any shrimp at all and the Petco an hour away from me only has ghost shrimp (blech).

I would love some other ideas or another place to look for these elusive RCS. I've got more to build before I'm ready for anything, just getting as much information as I can before I decide on what I want. Oh and the water portion of the tank isn't enormous, it's probably less than 5 gals. I'm not looking for a big community, just enough for the water to have a purpose which is why I thought it would be a perfect new home for my betta.

When the build is father along, I might post up some pictures.

Welcome. I dream of having a paludarium someday. Sorry, no stocking ideas, but you do have my best wishes on it.

Back
Top Bottom