Hello from Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Medley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I have had freshwater tanks off and on most of my life. However, it has been just gold fish. My latest tank is a 36 gallon. I have 2 glass fish, 2 glow fish, 2 tetra, 6 or 7 brine shrimp, 1 black placo female and countless albino placo's. Some are bristlenose. The sizes range from 0.5" to 3". I can not give these goobers away fast enough. I do have an Aquarium Supply store that will buy them when they reach about 2".

Some questions I have that I hope the group can help me with.
1.) Will the male albino's breed with my lone black female?
2.) Do I need to worry about insest with the albino's?
3.) How do I stop the green speckles of algae from forming on the front of my tank.

I hope this finds you all well.
Medley

:welcome:

Glad you could join us! :)

The plecos should interbreed, if they're just color variants of the same species. I don't breed fish (intentionally :rolleyes: ), but breeders I've talked to tell me inbreeding isn't a problem until about 7 generations.

I'm not sure what causes green spot algae, but it's pretty easy to remove with a good scraper such as Kent Marine.

BTW, you'll have a better chance of getting more responses to your questions by posting them in the right forums. Some people don't read introduction threads. :)

Back
Top Bottom