Hello from Knoxville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fran59

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but have had tanks for a while now. However, you should treat me as a beginner as I seem to keep making beginner blunders. I read lots of info, think I have a solution and then find I've made another mistake. My most recent has been an ongoing issue with hard water. And I'm afraid I've ventured down the wrong path once again. I stopped by a small LFS that was going out of business and saw water softener pillows and decided to give them a try as I had seen good reviews on the Fosters and Smith website. But then AFTER my purchase I was reading more and found some info that indicates they are worse for your fish than hard water. My water tests at 220 gh, and my ph is 7.8. I was hoping to keep a pair go GBR's in my 29 gallon tank but didn't want to have to buy an RO system or carry water but am now thinking that is the only option if I want these fish.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frances

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

You'll get more responses if you post your specific questions in the appropriate subforum. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom