hello from lufkin tx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy07

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've kept aquariums since I was a kid, but I've recently changed from freshwater to saltwater. A little over a year ago I purchased a 55 gallon tank and started working on a reef tank with power compacts it had a few corals here and there, mostly softies but then last October I found a great deal online for a 125 gallon with metal halides, canopy, and stand. It set up behind my couch for a little while as a divider between living room and den. I've wanted to move it for a while but never did. Well a few days ago it just completely crashed on me. The ammonia and nitrates both shot up after some butterflies picked the anemone to death then it all just crashed. I lost a few fish, some coral, and two anemones so its currently up in a new location in the house and filtering out all the debris and what not that accumulated through the move so hopefully I can keep it going this time. Note to self no more butterflies for me. I can use all the help I can get you can never have too much knowledge about reefs. In fact attending sfa for marine biology.

Happy fish keeping.

Back
Top Bottom