Hello from Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BladeRunner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone and thanks for having me.

I started a JBJ 29gal Nanocube Intermediate a few months ago and it's going well. So far no major problems incorporating liverock for the first time after many years away from aquariums. However, there was a bristleworm stowaway and was curious if that is a good thing or not. I've only seen it once.

I have a clown and a royal gamma for now, a leather, button, and star polyp corals along with an emerald crab, 2 porcelain crabs which were also stowaways, 6 turbo snails, and a mixture of red and blue legged hermit crabs.

Thanks again.

No there fine just another part of a clean up crew .. But and it's a big but they can be quite aggressive to some of the shy species of fish .. I have added a few emerald crabs and a file fish .. It's quiet funny to watch the crabs grabbing them and trying to remove them from there holes and the file fish bites mouthfuls out of them .. It will not get rid of them but it keeps them at bay ... Also try lifting pieces of rock you can catch them in the sand if your quick !! But you would be advised to wear some rubber gloves they do have another name fireworms ... The sting is quiet annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom