Hello From Nebraska :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I've always loved fish. My birthday was Monday and I finally got a fish tank! Ill put in some pics
Its a 26 gallon bow-front
Aqueon Quietflow 30
5 zebra danios (to cycle. I didn't learn about fishless cycles until after the fish. They seem pretty happy.

I figured out how on the app. Here it is! Tell me how you like it :p!

Attachments

• image-2203589748.jpg
    image-2203589748.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3344110889.jpg
    image-3344110889.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2345252510.jpg
    image-2345252510.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-47213035.jpg
    image-47213035.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1356836483.jpg
    image-1356836483.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 73
100 dollars for filter,heater,light,and tank. Another 100 for fish, gravel, plants, and decor. I have a feeling I put too much money into this.

Oh and if anyone has suggestions on what I should add to this I have some extra money. I just got 80 for my birthday and I'm getting 30 more soon so I think I want to add a bit.... Wait make that another 50

Sillyfishies said:
100 dollars for filter,heater,light,and tank. Another 100 for fish, gravel, plants, and decor. I have a feeling I put too much money into this.

LOL if you think that's too much into the hobby, just wait. It will easily become more. Heck I've spent into the tens of thousands with just one tank in a year, and at least 500 with another, which doesn't even have fish in it yet. Of course, in the beginning my spending was low. The more addicted you get, the more you start to spend.

What plants would go good with the tank and where should I put them? Lol I'm already addicted. I already talk a crap load about my 3 day old cycling fish :p

Sillyfishies said:
What plants would go good with the tank and where should I put them? Lol I'm already addicted. I already talk a crap load about my 3 day old cycling fish :p

It depends, what kind of light do you have? If its the one that came with the tank, its going to limit you.

I have an atinic light that I bought thinking I was going to get a bunch of glofish. Changed my mind. A lot. So I can happily return that (never opened) and get a new one. What light should I get? Is it bad my plants are random plants I found at my LFS. They seem to be doing fine and were in a tank with several angelfish. If I change the light what plants should I get and again where should I put them?

Sillyfishies said:
I have an atinic light that I bought thinking I was going to get a bunch of glofish. Changed my mind. A lot. So I can happily return that (never opened) and get a new one. What light should I get? Is it bad my plants are random plants I found at my LFS. They seem to be doing fine and were in a tank with several angelfish. If I change the light what plants should I get and again where should I put them?

Well, if you get higher lighting you can grow more varieties of plants but you will need co2 or else you will also grow a bunch of algae. If you don't want to do that, you can get lower moderate lighting and still grow a good amount of things. I would hit up Aqua_chem, jetajocky, or peyton for more info on specifics, I'm not great with lighting yet.

Thanks for all your help. Hah I'm already looking at 55 gallon tanks even though my brand new 26 gallon isn't even a week old yet o_O

Sillyfishies said:
Thanks for all your help. Hah I'm already looking at 55 gallon tanks even though my brand new 26 gallon isn't even a week old yet o_O

Lol yea welcome to the hobby :p

How often should I change my tank while it's cycling for the first time? I have a dying plant right now and 5 fishies

Sillyfishies said:
How often should I change my tank while it's cycling for the first time? I have a dying plant right now and 5 fishies

If you're doing a fish in cycle then you probly need to be doing daily partial water changes. Do you have a test kit? Knowing your parameters would really help and you'll need one anyways (a liquid one)

I've been looking at some but can't seem to find an API test kit anywhere :(. And if u could could you check out my thread in unhealthy fish (in freshwater and brackish). I have lots of questions :p

Sillyfishies said:
I've been looking at some but can't seem to find an API test kit anywhere :(. And if u could could you check out my thread in unhealthy fish (in freshwater and brackish). I have lots of questions :p

Well I don't know anything about danios really. But if you go in to have your water tested again, find out if they're using a liquid test kit and ask for the exact parameters and then let us know. Until then, I would suggest doing a large wc asap

My moms been arguing with me about my fish and say "doing a water change will take out all the good bacteria". I just did a 2 gallon water change (best I could convince)

Sillyfishies said:
My moms been arguing with me about my fish and say "doing a water change will take out all the good bacteria". I just did a 2 gallon water change (best I could convince)

No way, I've done 3 80% pwcs back to back with no problem. Not much of the BB lives in the water itself. In fact, not doing water changes is very detrimental to your fishes health

Back
Top Bottom