Hello from new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockinRonnie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. looking for info on filters for a new tank and found your site and after looking for awhile here I am a new member! I am from central lower michigan and have been in the fish tank keeping for a number of years. Started with a 29gal for a couple years then moved up to a 55gal. great but then the big D and back to the start. got another 55gal. and all well again, but job made no time for a tank and it was sold. but now the time is back and could not stay without tank any longer so got a 75gal tank and stand now looking for a filter and getting it up and running! got to decide on substait and other things. looking at maybe a fx5 but still looking looking forward to picking your minds and maybe even adding to yours (y)

Hello and Welcome to Aquarium Advice!
Depending on the amount of money you have, the fx5 is very costy, and the flow might be just too powerful. I personally own an Rena xp4 and two fluval 406, and they are just fine for a 300 gallon. I also run a 75 gallon sump but that's something else. The 406 will be enough, costing usually 290$ at retail price, compared to 519$~ on the fx5. You could also look into getting a Sump(usually a bit cheaper) or as i said, invest in a less ''advanced'' if I may say canister or Sun Sun canister filter witch are very popular due to their low price and high effiency.

Back
Top Bottom