Hello from New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leapoffaith99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,
I'm new to this site and to the fish world in general. I'm an avid equestrian and have had cats my whole life, but fish are a new passion. I currently have a ten gallon tank with a goldfish named Fin, three balloon mollies, a guppy and a chinese algea eater. There is also a dragon named Bernard. I'm looking foreward to being a part of this site and learning more about fish and their proper care.
Mac

Hello and welcome to the site! You've come to the right place for advice or even just to mingle with fellow hobbyists :) Sounds like you're on the right track!

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA! Now for the multiple tank syndrome. Your goldfish is a coldwater fish and the others are tropical. The goldfish will need a tank of his own. Also keep an eye on the CAE as it grows it will become aggressive to the other tankmates. I have a beautiful 9" CAE and he is now being housed with malawi cichlids in a 125 gal tank. Pictures of course are always welcome! :)

I agree with Zagz as well. Your Goldfish prefers 65-70 degrees, while the tropicals much prefer the mid 70s. Strongly suggest re-housing the Goldfish, at least.
Although they mostly are classified as peaceful, the CAE is semi-aggressive, and probably will grow to as much as 10 inches. Being in a 10 gal only will increase the stress and feed aggression. Sorry to rain on your parade, but bettter to know, for all's sake.

BTW, welcome to the forum. We all love horses and cats, too. Enjoy your stay here and visit often, love to hear from you.
Regards to the "Big Apple."

Back
Top Bottom