Hello from Norfolk UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I am a new an unexpected aquarium keeper. Bob and the Bobettes belonged to my father in law who has moved to the coast. He had Bob, a fan tail goldfish for 10 years and the Bobettes, Mountain cloud minnows, for a couple of years after my nephew lost interest in them. They were originally in a slim 60litre tank but Bob was a bit long to turn round so I moved them into a square 95 litre tank. I clean the tank weekly, taking out 20% of the water, I use a proprietry de-chlorinator and hoover the stones but there is always so much algae in the new tank. So after 6 weeks I added 2 x Zebra Nerite snails, left everything to settle for a month and added 2 x Orange spotted Nerites and 3 more Minnows. I test the water weekly and the Amonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels are good but PH high. I never realised that keeping fish was so stressful as today we have stuff in the tank. I have a photo but will add that later as I realise this is already a long post.:fish2:

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

I live about 20 miles from Norfolk, Virginia.

Reactions: DiB
Back
Top Bottom