Hello from Pennsylvania!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommymoose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new here. I have a 20 gallon aquarium which was purchased for my daughters, but I'm having fun, too. It has been up and running since mid-January. We've had a couple of losses, but overall things have been going very well. We have twelve fish - two neon tetras, 3 red minor tetras, 3 black widow tetras, and 4 glo-fish, two pink, and two green. I think that the glo-fish are a type of skirt tetra.

I'm still learning all about an aquarium and this morning had a minor crisis when I noticed all the fish were swimming around in circles like crazy fish. I checked a couple of things about the water, and discovered that the ammonia level was high, so we did an emergency water change. They are doing much better now :fish1: Thanks for the welcome.

Lise

Welcome aboard. You will find a very nice group of people here who are usually eager to help. I noted in your stock list you have several schooling fish that really need more friends such as neon, black widow tetras (black skirts) and glow fish. Each type need 4-6 of their own kind. Did you note I left out the minor tetra??? It has a real name, Serpea Tetra and I am not a fan. These guys are fin nippers and tend to be bullies. Watch your other fish to see if they get rough looking fins. If the Serpeas get too aggressive, bring them back and ask for a trade.

Have fun and again, welcome.

Back
Top Bottom