Hello from south Louisiana!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craw Chief

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everybody! I've been interested in the aquaria hobby since I was a kid. A couple years back, I was very active in keeping crawfish (or "crayfish" to some of you). Down here in Louisiana, we love to eat crawfish, but I also like to keep them as pets! The species I always kept were Procambarus allenii and Procambarus clarkii. I loved to have the blue ones and always wanted a white one. Red and brown are cool too.

I've been out of the aquarium-keeping business the last three years, but I'm back. In the interim, I've just had a little 10 gallon tank with some baitfish that I had initially intended to feed to a crawfish. But since I stopped keeping crawfish for a while, the baitfish became pets too!

I just recently got a really nice 20 long. I have four other tanks as well, three 10 gallons and one 5 gallon. One 10 gallon has a crawfish named Rex in it. The 5 gallon is for plants to grow. And the other tanks are cycling.

Thank you! :thanks: :dance:

Wow thats alot of tanks if you like the blue crayfish have a look at the African giant fan shrimp (Atya galonensis) you might like to try them as they will live in a community tank and get big I have seen one 9 inches long and best of all thay are in blue or brown depending on gender
And welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom