Hello from sunny North Yorkshire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonrat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I've just joined, so thought I'd pop in and say hello. My name's Leigh, and I'm currently living in the North East of England. I've kept fish for as long as I can remember, but have had a break of a few years and am just coming back to it.

I've currently got a mature tank that I've just switched from coldwater to tropical, and find that my memory is less than it could be, so wanted to have like-minded people around whose brains I could pick.

Other than the fish (a pond as well), I have a lunatic Cocker Spaniel and (currently) seventeen rats. The rats come to me mainly as rescues/rehomes.

Because of ill-health, I have to work from home, so I run my own small business selling jewellery and accessories, most of which I make myself. I'm addicted to books and coffee, but am otherwise normal. Honest.

Welcome New Member

Hi

I've just joined, so thought I'd pop in and say hello. My name's Leigh, and I'm currently living in the North East of England. I've kept fish for as long as I can remember, but have had a break of a few years and am just coming back to it.

I've currently got a mature tank that I've just switched from coldwater to tropical, and find that my memory is less than it could be, so wanted to have like-minded people around whose brains I could pick.

Other than the fish (a pond as well), I have a lunatic Cocker Spaniel and (currently) seventeen rats. The rats come to me mainly as rescues/rehomes.

Because of ill-health, I have to work from home, so I run my own small business selling jewellery and accessories, most of which I make myself. I'm addicted to books and coffee, but am otherwise normal. Honest.

Hello Dragon...

What an interesting story. A fish and an animal lover too. Me too. I have 7 fairly large, planted tanks and have a lot of Fancy Guppies and Corydoras. Plus, we have 10 very active cats of various ages and the place is a combination of aquarium keeping and petting zoo.

B

Hello Dragon...

What an interesting story. A fish and an animal lover too. Me too. I have 7 fairly large, planted tanks and have a lot of Fancy Guppies and Corydoras. Plus, we have 10 very active cats of various ages and the place is a combination of aquarium keeping and petting zoo.

B

The rats are taking over the house at the minute - four large cages, plus another hospital cage and we have a very jealous dog, so the fish are the only other safe bet at the moment. Mind you, she's now jealous of the fish in the pond, too, and tries to lick their floating food from the water. One day I'll have normal pets, but I've been saying that as long as I can remember.

I received my mail-order plants today, so I've been planting up tonight, boring my other half stupid with Latin names and odd facts. I used to work for Blagdon Water Gardens, so I normally go off on tangents into shop stories, and I can see his eyes glazing over.

Back
Top Bottom