Hello from Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaimeb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. My name is Jaime. I stumbled across "Aquarium Advice.com" whilst browsing the net. I am a new to aquariums and wanted to read as much as I could online and possibly get some good advice.

I purchased a 23 Lt Fluval Edge tank a few weeks ago just because it had a nice look and I thought, as it is a small tank, how hard could it be to maintain. What a mistake! I have since found out that it is harder to maintain a small tank than it is a larger one. So after spending some AUD$700 on various items for the Fluval tank, I have now purchased a 200Lt tank and I am going through the setup process. So far I have filled the tank with water, got the Eheim 2217 External canister filter running in conjunction with an Aqua Medic Co2 Complete Kit. I only have 2 bunches of plants in the new tank and 3 driftwood pieces with plants growing within them.

I tried putting 2 Guppies in the Fluval tank, just to make use of it, only for them to die today after only being in the tank for 4 days. All readings appeared good before introducing the Guppies. pH 7.2, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20, Ammonia 0.25. (Guppies appeared to have been infected by a white fluffy fungus. I think I bought them with the fungus). I have today replaced the Guppies with 4 Harlequin Rasboras and 2 Albino Corys (or Cories). I hope they survive.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you.

Jaime

Hi Jaime welcome to the forum.

If you have any specific questions, there are lots of helpful people with good advice.

Just monitor the ammonia levels in the Fluval tank. Don't let them rise above .25. Do a partial water change whenever required.

Hi Jaime welcome to the forum.

If you have any specific questions, there are lots of helpful people with good advice.

Just monitor the ammonia levels in the Fluval tank. Don't let them rise above .25. Do a partial water change whenever required.

Thank you. I will monitor it.

welcometoaa.gif

Hi Tracy. I am new to this forum too and I have received a very warm welcome here as I am sure you will too. I would, however, suggest you start a new thread to introduce yourself, as you would get more exposure. You may not be aware, but you have posted a reply in my introduction thread. Not that I mind, but I am sure others would like to meet you. Anyway, welcome Tracy.

Back
Top Bottom