Hello from the Omaha 'burbs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLHoenig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey y'all!

My name's Michael; my wife, Erin, and I are marine aquarium noobs. (Sounds like a 12-step program intro, eh?) :ermm:

I've maintained tropical aquariums on and off over the past four decades or so, and we decided to take the plunge in December. We had contacted an aquarium maintenance guy in Omaha nearly two years ago to help us move into a new apartment; he told us we would have no problems adding a SW setup as our second tank.

In January, following our third move in 18 months, we asked him to get us started with a Nano-Cube 28g, and we're not regretting one moment nor one penny spent.

Our current setup now comprises the Nano-Cube with JBJ LED lighting; our flora & fauna include two corals (I forget which species), one Peppermint Skunk Shrimp, two Clownfish, two turban(? not turbo, I know the difference :cool: ) snails, one large black Brittle Star and at least five micros (all stowaways in our LR); and just this week, I've spotted a number of 'pods scurrying about.

:band:

We're looking forward to all the friendly advice and education these forums offer; especially since we're already planning to set up a second SW tank, probably sometime next year. We'll be giving up our tropical aquarium due to space limitations in our apartment, but we feel it's gonna be well worth it.

We plan to have two different biotopes: the small tank will be Erin's, a Great Barier Reef setup, and the 50- or 75-gallon tank will be mine, but I haven't yet decided what it'll be. Plenty of time to decide...and to learn!

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

A quick follow-up to my initial post: I'm pretty sure I want to set up a Gulf of Mexico biotope, but haven't quite decided whether to go with Texas, Mexico, Florida, or just a general Gulf distribution.

Texas is my birth state, though I've become disenfranchised as of late...so I lean towards the South Padre Island region, with the others in the order listed.

I definitely thank y'all for allowing me to join, and for the warm welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom