Hello from Vancouver Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenelle

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tripped across this site when I was surfing for information about my somewhat impulsive purchase of a 15 gallon column tank which is currently cycling with 3 fish the store gave me - a red danio, a harlequin rasboro and a platy. (I now know that is controversial.)

I've set it up with biologically prepared gravel, a plant I don't know the name of (it's very tall with narrow leaves), aquarium wood, an air stone to remedy the low surface area, and a couple hidey-hole ornaments. I'm monitoring it carefully and adding a tiny bit of "stability" every day. The more I watch and learn, the more fascinated I am becoming.

I joined this site to figure out how to cycle successfully, and find out more about how to eventually stock the aquarium. I posted in the other thread that I wasn't told that danios and rasboros are schooling fish, so I'm a bit worried about how to take care of these little guys when I don't have a lot of room. I love the platy, and wouldn't mind another but am also thinking about guppies, corys and now shrimp ( suggested on the other thread). My goal is peaceful, vibrant and healthy tank so I am mindful of overstocking.

Also want to know everything about keeping them tank clean and clear as there is nothing more off putting than a green icky tank.

I'm super excited to have discovered a new hobby and am excited to pursue it with my kids. Oh, and my cat really likes watching it too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh, here is a pic of the tank!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1408944342283.jpg
    1408944342283.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 44
Welcome to Fishlore! It's a great site! Hope your cycles goes smoothly! Come to here for advice! Not the LFS! :p It's only a matter of time before you get multiple tanks! :D Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom