Hello from Washington (state)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eugeneevans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I've been reading these forums for sometime now getting great tips, info, answers, etc. So thought it was time to post. This is my first tank and extremely addicting. I am already planning out my second one if all goes well. Thus far my tank was in the incubation stage as I like to refer to it for approx 4 months. It was quite the learning process with getting all the ph levels, salinity, etc. under control. On that note I HATE PH TESTING. So in the end I got everything close or right on where I believe it all needed to be and added my first 4 Green Chromis about 3 months ago. Seemed as if almost overnight the ph regulated and thus the aquarium journey began.

So here we are 3 months in and now my aquarium has come to life. It is one of the most amazing things I have undertaken in terms of the rewarding factor. So 3 of the 4 original pioneers of my tank have survived. 1 was lost to (sigh) my cat. Long story short it was cleaning day and the top was slid enough open that the cat got on the aquarium and managed to snag herself a delightful Chromis treat. Thus far the only casualty of the tank.

Tonight I added my first Anemone's, its funny because I read a lot on the forums about them after adding them to the tank and am now TERRIFIED :eek:, so I will be keeping a close eye on them for the next couple of days. So lets cross the fingers everything goes well. I did add a few other critters to my tank along with the Anemone's, Chocolate Chip Star, Blood Red Fire Shrimp, another Maroon Clown (who right now dosn't look to good hmmmmm), another Emerald Crab, and 2 Zebra Stripped Gobbies (which one likes to kick up sand EVERYWHERE and is driving me nuts).

So I'll end this thread with where my tank is at currently critter wise and will see you all on the forums. HAVE FUN :fish1:

My First Tank

Reef Tank
-110 Gallons -
Pump, Filtration, Lights
- Rena Filstar xP -
- Aquasun T5 48" (housing) -
- Ocean Sun 10,000k (bulb)-
- Coral Sun Actinic 420 (bulb) -
- Heater (dont remember) -
Reef
- 5 live rocks (various sizes) - 1 Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral -
- 1 long tentacle anemone -
- 1 purple tip anemone -
Invertebrates
- 1 Chocolate Chip Starfish -
- 1 Green Brittle Starfish -
- 5 Emerald Crabs -
- 2 Turbo Snails -
- 3 Assassin Snails -
Livestock Fish :fish1:
- 3 Green Reef Chromis -
- 2 Maroon Clowns -
- 1 Ocellaris Clown -
- 1 Firetip Firefish -
- 2 Zebra Barred Dartfish -
- 1 Four Striped Damselfish -
- 1 Purple Stripe Dottyback -

Greetings from NC... Marysville, WA, huh... wow, small world... my son lives there too and works at Deep Sea...

Welcome to AA!

Hello all!!

Sorry for the delayed response I have been dealing with......:banghead::facepalm: tank issues. So my focus has been to keep the :fish2:happy. I lost my favorite critter as well Sea Brittle Star. So in the meantime, hello and will try to get some good updated pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom