Hello from western KY :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pamelarowley57

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all!

I am new as an aquarium hobbyist and have found myself in love with aquascapes.

It all started with a little $5 sea monkey kit. I swore I would not be interested in maintaining an aquarium (my childhood experience with them was bad as my mother hated the family tank.) However, I found quickly that I thoroughly enjoyed learning about it and experimenting. I quickly purchased some triops that came with a somewhat larger container. I purchased a 5 gallon with the intent of using it for the larger triops for my children to enjoy watching. However, I was never able to get the triops to live long after hatching and found I had invested a ton of money on what should have been left more simple.
Then, my partner and I allowed the kids to go to wal-mart and pick out fish...big mistake! I didn't know much about their needs and we ended up with a bala, lacefin cat, molly, glo-fish.....etc. Too wide a range in too small a tank, or so I was soon to find out.
Then, in a panic we bought a 10 gal...just to have more room for them. During which time my son (5 years old) fell in love with a dinosaur bichir and of course, as cool as he looked, we brought him home. Then we did a little more research and realized that the bala was supposed to have "friends" and was going to get BIG! And the dinosaur bichir was going to get BIGGER! The search for a 50 gallon tank was on!
We went to the LFS and fell absolutely head over heels in LOVE with a beatiful 125 gallon promo kit.....and now it is sitting in my living room cycling out. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to ME!!!!!

Glad to be here and looking forward to discussions, as I have high ambitions and am very scattered right now. I have learned a lot, but am still a novice. However, very excited to get started!

Much aquatic enjoyment to you all,
Pam

Hi Pamela, and family, and welcome to the AA forum!:welcome: We're glad you found us. How exciting to be cycling a big, beautiful tank for the holidays. You'll find all the information, as well as any needed advice, on this forum for sure. Have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom