Hello, I'm Dezi and I'm an aquaholic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arowanaman420,

Welcome to AA. I am glad to see you like the rest of us you can admit you have a problem when it comes to fish. :)

As for your avatar, I for one find it quite objectionable and very disrespectful no matter what you political belief. I realize today many finally have to face the fact that Senator Kerry lost. No matter what your political persuasion President Bush is the President of the United States and deserves the respect that comes with the office even if you do not respect the man.

I guess one of the things I have enjoyed most about AA is that for the most part it is a politically free forum where people who may have different political views can share their common interest in fish.

I for one would be very appreciative if you would change what I feel is a very inflammatory avatar.

Thanks,

welcome to the site...

I'm going to agree with afilter to some extent. I can't think of any other presidential canidate that was any less of a liar. That's just what politician have to do. I'm sure not saying it's right, but he really can't be singled out. I do wish we had more people to pick from, but I personally believe he was the best of what we did have to chose from. But that''s just my opinion and everyone elses opinion is just that, Opinion. Nothing else. Anyway... These kind of discussions never lead anywhere productive. The use of that avatar is your choice, but keep in mind the adminisration here likes to keep things family friendly and I agree that it is just a bit "inflamitory". Anyway, I hope these comments don't make you feel any less welcome to the site. There are issues that come up that can create hard feelings and politicks is one of them. But whenever we can avoid any such debating this site has to be one of the friendliest places on the web. We look forward to hearing all sorts of good fish stories...

I like the new avater just as much :wink:

And you guys are right, this site is too nice to have discussions over an avater that is disrespectfull.

The use of that avatar is your choice, but keep in mind the adminisration here likes to keep things family friendly and I agree that it is just a bit "inflamitory".
The former avatar was not in violation of the UA.

Let's get back to what we do best--discussing our finned friends.

Menagerie said:
The use of that avatar is your choice, but keep in mind the adminisration here likes to keep things family friendly and I agree that it is just a bit "inflamitory".
The former avatar was not in violation of the UA.

On this point I think we will just have to agree to disagree. :wink:

I feel the posted avatar meets the criteria of #1 of the rules and regulations on a couple points.

1. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless AquariumAdvice.Com and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

I am glad to see that it was voluntarily changed and thank them for doing so. BTW, I would have equally objected had it been a picture of President Clinton or any other former President.

I will though happily agree the we should get on with the discussion of our fish hobby/addiction. :)

To put the issue to rest for everyone, the admins and advisors agreed the avatar in question was not in violation of the UA. We do like to keep this site peaceful and welcoming and take complaints seriously.

Back
Top Bottom