Hello new here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chewy728

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone names Matt but friends call me chewy. Not sure why but o well. Im a new fish owner have my first tank. Only got it because my kids love fish. I chose to sign up because I want to try and be the best fish owner I can be. I thought this place would be a great place to learn how to better care for my fish. I started two weeks ago with a starters kit and one betta fish. Now I have two betta fish in there own tanks and one ten gallon community tank with a hand full of fish. So yeah I think thats about it. Anything else people would like to know about me just ask.

Omg I'm new too. Not only to this app but I am new fish owner. Unfortunately, my crowntail betta fish died today. I only have one male betta now. The sad thing is it was the crowntail's 9th day with me. :(

Thank you boadams. I read the article and just have one thing to ask. I have been buying the precondition water from the pet store. Should I still cycle it?

Yes u will have to because ur gonna need to grow the bb to eat the ammonia up and also to eat the nitrites up.

chewy728 said:
Thank you boadams. I read the article and just have one thing to ask. I have been buying the precondition water from the pet store. Should I still cycle it?

Your welcome. I've never heard of preconditioned water! What's in it

Welcome guys. We're all still learning, and there's lots of good advice here.
Cycling is the hardest part for newcomers - just keep reading.

P.S. We like pictures.

Your welcome. I've never heard of preconditioned water! What's in it

Doesn't say whats in it. Says made for blocking ammonia, neutralizing dangerous nitrite and providing pH support and alkalinty. Made by caribsea inc. It's called ready water.

chewy728 said:
Doesn't say whats in it. Says made for blocking ammonia, neutralizing dangerous nitrite and providing pH support and alkalinty. Made by caribsea inc. It's called ready water.

I find that hard to believe that'll work.

It will be much cheaper to just buy a bottle of water conditioner to remove the toxins from your tap water. I recommend Prime, as do most people on here. It's concentrated so it lasts a lot longer than other bottles of similar size. Welcome! Heh, I have a friend named Matt who is called Chewy. His little sister couldn't say Matthew as a kid and she called him Matt-chew.

Welcome to AA! :)

I agree with buying a bottle of dechlorinator and using your tap water. This is not only easier, but a lot cheaper in the long run!

Back
Top Bottom