Hello new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikelsdo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Kinda got sucked into a marine tank. Friend gave me one and here I'am today with one. 2 clowns and a diamond goby. Also 1 of four turbo left. I noticed tonight I have amphipods in my sump tank. I only feed once a day is this enough? 8 months into this project. Currently fighting aptasia. I see small what looks like feather dusters but not growing very fast. Am I doing things right?

Yer sounds like you are doing things correct. Some people think once a day is too much food for saltwater fish. But I think that's fine as long as your not overfeeding. Overfeeding and strong lighting will cause the aiptasia to grow. But you can easily remove them by getting an aiptasia eating file fish or with these special laser pens or lemon juice. Loads of options as far as killing the little things. Amphipods are good it just shows your tank is maturing but if you have loads you might be overfeeding. The feather dusters are fine I really like how they look and I let them grow in my tanks. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good to have you on the forum.

Out of curiosity what size tank is this and what equipment are you running on it?

Welcome :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom