Hello peeps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blade_922

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey people,

Noob here.

I've just bought a Ciano 60 tank. Now I have cleaned the gravel with water. Added to tank. Added in filter and water heater. And filled up with water.

Now with everything turned on my tank has bubbles everywhere. I take it that's normal with the filter and water heater on in the water for the first time?

I have been reading up on the nitrate cycle.

Is there anything else I should do now?

How many days after the tank being setup can i add fish? Some say 1 some say 3...

Also when can I start adding in plants and corals etc into the tank? Before the fish gets added?

Aaah I have so many questions, most are probably just for reassurance. Anyway hope someone can answer the questions I have so far.

Cheers

Nope freshwater tank. I guess I don't need any corals then.

Welcome to AA

Now the bad news...
You shouldn't add ? in 1 or 3 days, if you keep reading up on the nitrogen cycle you will see it's going to take 3-4 weeks minimum to cycle your tank. However after reading about a fishless cycle, do more research and you'll learn about a fish-in cycle. Many here recommend fishless cycling (me included) because it's less stressful on you and the fish, and it's easier. But if you absolutely can't wait and are willing to do daily water changes you can do a fish-in cycle. Many here, including myself, have done fish-in but it can take longer if you have issues and you must keep the water safe for your pets (water changes).

Sorry about the length, but you have some research to do. We're here to help, post any questions in the Freshwater & Brackish -getting started forum and you'll get loads of help.

Back
Top Bottom