Hello there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G152

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been keeping aquariums since I was 11 ( 14 now ) , I started out with a goldfish in a 5 gallon aquarium with no filtration, gravel, anything. I realize now goldfish and fish in general need more room and water conditions, but I was still unaware of the nitrogen cycle at the time. I soon got a 10 gallon aquarium starter kit and set it up. The next day I got 3 Glofish and they lived for about a year and then one died ( during that year I saved a dwarf rainbow fish from death) , soon all my Glofish died and I relocated the rainbow fish to a neighbors pond. I read up and realized I had to do a fish less cycling. So I did that and slowly added 5 neon tetras and they are doing great. I also now have a 5 gallon tank with a 1 1/2 year old betta who is doing great. I also have a 55 gallon community tank in the process with just 5 Zebra danios at the moment ( there's gonna be zebra danios, rosy barbs,tiger barbs, and albino Cory's) , I haven't had a fish loss in a long time ! I do reg. water changes and all my tanks are doing great! So I guess I think of myself as a young veteran! Haha , but yeah I'm glad to join this club!

Back
Top Bottom