Hello to everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fedex3d

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now that my wife and I are empty nesters, we are wanting to get back into our fishes as our hobby again after 20 some odd years (my.... how time does fly). We have a 30 gallon community freshwater and a 20 gallon species specific with Barbs. Hoping within a year or so to get into a 125 gallon or bigger soooo I am really looking forward to this site for insight, advice, and friendship with fellow aquarists.

Nice! I'm a month new and already addicted... Here's some advice: don't wait a year :cool:

Well, the only reason we're waiting is because we're trying to sell the house. Too big with the children gone lol and did not want to set up a large tank and take it back down to move. But then again we could stay where we are at that would be 3 bedrooms of nothing but aquariums !!!! My wife would LOVE that haha

Fedex3d said:
Well, the only reason we're waiting is because we're trying to sell the house. Too big with the children gone lol and did not want to set up a large tank and take it back down to move. But then again we could stay where we are at that would be 3 bedrooms of nothing but aquariums !!!! My wife would LOVE that haha

+1 I bet there is a huge ratio of posts that have to do with the wifey liking/disliking/approving/disapproving, etc on this forum... Love it. If only they could just see it
from our perspective...!

Haha haha yes I agree. But then again I think she's getting into this is much is I am. And she is the one that has the eye for the expensive fish, so that's actually a plus for me !!!

Out of curiosity, what expensive fish does she have an eye for?

The most expensive fish I like are Bosemani Rainbow Fish. 11 bucks a piece and they are schooling fish, so if you get a good school you're easily looking at a 70 dollar purchase:eek: However, that is nothing compared to discus......

She fell in love with a pictus catfish at 11 dollars each lol we bought 3 of them. She really wants a black knife fish. They ron about 16 to 17 dollars a piece for a young one. Bu they are really COOL to watch !!! But have to wait on a much bigger tank for that one

Some years ago, I got a black knife for around 7 but then I did not realize eels consider them fast food... :facepalm:

Oooh nooo !! Im sorry to hear that !! Thats an expensive meal and black knives are too beautiful and graceful to be somebody's supper imo

Fedex3d said:
She fell in love with a pictus catfish at 11 dollars each lol we bought 3 of them. She really wants a black knife fish. They ron about 16 to 17 dollars a piece for a young one. Bu they are really COOL to watch !!! But have to wait on a much bigger tank for that one

Wait til you set up saltwater... Those will seem cheap in comparison!

I was going to buy a breeding pair of zebra plecs a few months back. Imagine how much they would cost!

Thats the reason Im gonna stick to freshwater for now. Wanna make sure I have everything down before attempting saltwater fish

Back
Top Bottom