Hello... Trying Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwohlge1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I used to keep goldfish when I was younger. I had them for 4 months before I gave them back to the petstore when I went to college.

Recently I thought I would give it another go. I got a 10 gallon tank only to realize this is not adequate when I went to get fish. I kept 1 fancy in there for the past 8 weeks. About three weeks ago I bought a 25 Gallon and bought 1 more fancy and a snail. Moved them both in there and I have been fighting the ammonia spikes ever since.

I currently let my kids get a small pearlscale for the previous tank.

I am currently testing my 25 gallon daily. Everytime it goes above .5ppm ammonia I do a 18% water change only to watch it spike back up the next day.

welcome to AA, I'm trying goldfish too, and they're a lot of fun :D... the best thing to do (everyone on here told me :D) is 50% water changes every day.
your tank is currently cycling and it can take a month or two before the water calms down. if you post a thread about it under freshwater general health (I think thats what its called) You'll get a ton of help :D
Good luck on fish keeping, You'll really find it an awesome hobby :D

Back
Top Bottom