Hello, Underwater world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ljfantasy316

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I just joined this community and I'm excited about learning from all you aquarium experts! I started a small tank for my betta fish last year and found some tips from this website when setting up my tank (as a very beginner in fishkeeping, a lot of questions I had back then were practically FAQs on this forum ^^"). So thanks, everyone :)

One of my life dreams is successfully setting up and maintaining a saltwater reef tank. I thought I should start small and slowly work towards it :) Looking forward to "meeting" you all in this community!

:fish1:

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new too. It's a great source of information - I've spent hours each day combing through threads since I joined. So much to learn!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I just started a small 3-gallon tank with heater, filter, light, guppies and zebra danios, some shrimp since the LFS tells me the shrimps help clean up the tank, and live plants. If this 3-gallon tank environment goes well, i.e., everybody thriving and no sickness or casualties, my next step up may be a 10-gallon or 20-gallon. I'm being wishful though :ROFLMAO:

By the way, can anyone recommend a good kit for water quality test? Or there may already be a thread about that since it's such a basic question ha. I'll see if I can find it. :thanks:

The API Freshwater Master Test Kit seems to be a favorite - and with good reason. It includes tests for pH, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates; is more reliable than strips; one kit lasts quite a long time; and it's pretty easy ( and kinda fun) to use.

Message delivered by Hermes.

Back
Top Bottom