Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here and I have a problem. I have a 60 gallon tank with an eclipse catfish that I've been having for 3 years, and two kissing kish that I've been having for 4 weeks. The kissing fish haven't eaten fish food since I gotten them and my catfish only eats when no one is around. I don't know what to do for the kissing fish they go around pecking everything but they're getting skinny.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried a feeding tube? I just got a betta who wouldn't even look at his food until after I started using a feeding tube. What are you feeding them now?

No I haven't but I don't think that would work because every time I go to the tank they just hide. I have tropical flacks and sinking shrimp pellets.

Do you think putting them in a smaller tank would help because they are pretty small in the tank

The only thing my research pulled was that kissing fish are very nervous and slow eaters. Are they looking stressed or discolored or anything? You said they're getting thin, I'm just trying to make sure they aren't ill, and not eating because of something else.

I had a pair of them when I was in high school, mine were always the last to eat, and generally wouldn't surface with the other fish in the tank. Instead they would wait and eat flakes floating down to the bottom. I don't know if that helps at all, but it's the best I've got. :p

They look pretty healthy other then getting thin but they are always fighting

Back
Top Bottom