Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tikilee84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My daughter and I are both new to fish keeping.... I have a 10 gallon with a beta, 2 corys, and 4 guppies. Problem is 3 of my guppies are picking on one in particular! What do I need to do? I would add more guppies but scared I am at my limit!! ANY advice is appreciated!

Ps... I know it isn’t my beta, I have witnessed the 3 guppies chasing the one. They have almost eat his tail fin ?

Are the guppies all the same gender? Do you have places your fish can hide?

Bettas with guppies can be dangerous.

Are the guppies all the same gender? Do you have places your fish can hide?

Bettas with guppies can be dangerous.

Yes they are all the same gender. My beta is super chill. He hides. Yes there are places to hide, I have witnessed the guppies being the bullies to this one

I wouldn't add any more fish. Try rehoming the bullied one. You can also try moving the decorations around so nobody has a "territory" anymore.

I wouldn't add any more fish. Try rehoming the bullied one. You can also try moving the decorations around so nobody has a "territory" anymore.

I read that a guppy alone will probably die.... little guy doesn’t stand a chance alone or with the other 3!

I said rehome as in give it back to the store or sell it to another hobbyist.
Again bettas and guppies together are a bad idea. If the betta is hiding the guppies are probably bullying him too. Some fish are just jerks.
That being said, what are your water parameters? Sometimes fish act out when the water quality drops.

Good advice already! Check out this article, it will give you really good basics on which to build your tank keeping knowledge and you can always look back to it for reinforcement.

There are also a couple article links about cycling the tank properly while keeping fish in the tank. Very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom