Help me decide!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishloverxoxo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Bought a new fish tank 70litres and don't know what fish to get I was thinking of baby angelfish and putting them with guppies so when they grow up they will be used to the guppies and not nip. If this is a big NO then was wondering what else I could get? Particularly colourful, beautiful fish. Want to do a tropical tank but will do coldwater if anything that I really like gets suggested. Thanks?Fishloverxoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is about 18.5G for the ones who use Gallons as a point of reference.

Take a look at Endlers if you are considering Guppies.

Angelfish are pretty but would prefer a larger tank, and multiples can cause HUGE, I mean huge problems. Not recommended.

Dwarf Cories - Pygmy and Hastatus are nice, get 6-12 of them for a fun bunch of activity.

Ember Tetra, Chilis aka Boraras Brigittae, one of my new favorites are Neon Green Rasbora aka Microdevario Kubutai

These are mostly smaller fish as you can have a nice school size but since your tank isn't really large, you would be limited with many commonly available fish for stocking the tank.

Dwarf Gourami / Flame Gourami (only 1 fish of these)

After you start seeing actual types of fish you like, check tank water temp and PH parameter requirements and then whether they will get along with each other and how many of each to get if they need friends.

It is best to pick the fish you like best and build your tank around that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom